-
November 8th, 2003, 09:40 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I believe that loomex [trade name] NMD got it's name from the 'LOOM' on old knob & tub wire. But does anyone out there know what 'BX' stands for or means for AC90 wire? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
-
November 9th, 2003, 02:45 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I had heard that the term BX came from The Bronx. And that the first cable manufacturer to make BX was located in The Bronx in New York.
Does anyone know where the term Romex came from?
-
November 9th, 2003, 07:51 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I believe it came from the " Rome wire and cable company"
-
November 11th, 2003, 12:49 AM
#4
Inactive Member
BX = Bronx $ Romex = Rome... Hmmm. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
-
November 11th, 2003, 09:52 PM
#5
Inactive Member
How about the term "Cab-Tire". Does any one know where that come from?
-
November 12th, 2003, 03:10 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
The first rubber-covered cords resembled the solid rubber tires on the horse-drawn vehicles that served as taxi-cabs in the big cities.
Ed
-
November 12th, 2003, 04:29 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Hey that's interesting. I always wondered about the name cab tire myself.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks